Friday, February 12, 2010

True or False: Your parents or guardian taught you how to survive?

If true, share your experience please.True or False: Your parents or guardian taught you how to survive?
My father ignored our existence for the most part. My mother told me when I was 6 or 7 you can have anything you want, GET IT YOURSELF AND LEAVE ME ALONE. By the time I was 10 I did my own laundry. I started working as a babysitter and on a dairy farm at 12 and I have had only a ONE MONTH break from work since I was 15. I'm now in my 50's. By the time I was 15 I was required to pay for all of my own clothes as well as doctor bills. My parents refused to fill out any financial aid forms for college because they did not want me to go to college so I was ineligible for any grant, loan, scholarship, or work-study. It was survive on my own or not at all.True or False: Your parents or guardian taught you how to survive?
False


I just followed my instincts.
False
Yes, but not in a good way. For example, I was taught to swim by being thrown in a pool...
True...I owe a lot to my parents...they taught me how to think for myself and that things in this world don't always go to plan...but that I can always ';get right back up and carry on';...


They taught me trust and respect......and that all people are...just that...people..... and no one is better than the next one....


Sadly they have both passed now and I miss them terribly...but I always smile when I think that I wouldn't be the person I am today if not for their guidance.......
True ...... and False ...





All I can say is ....





That which does not kill you , can make you stronger .......


.
False, they taught me how to be comfurtable, i had to learn what it took to survive all by myself
False.
not really.......just have to figure it out....


i think animals do it a lot better and in a shorter time span too....damn...lol
My parents never taught me about real life. If my dad stayed home, he could have. But mama wasn't strong enough. I had to learn it on my own. But there is one person that really influenced me and taught me a lot about reality. I think I am still learning. Enlightening experience though.
True ,They taught me how to survive in this beautiful world:)))
False--I had to teach myself how to survive at an early age.
they taught me how to survive in the sheltered little environment i grew up in... i don't know how these skills would apply anywhere else though
False - I had to learn too much on my own..........
My parents taught me how to live but school of hard knocks after my divorce and being a single mom at 24 taught me how to survive.
Your parents inadvertently teach you things they didn't even know, though ';in the field'; reality challenges all you think you know and in a crude sort of way it is survival of this fittest, secularly speaking. Improvisation sinks or saves you.
Depend on how the influences from the parent or guardian to the child. For me i think they didnt help at all because they just care too much and well i have to do no work most of the time and still at school i learn to survive in classes since my parent know nothing about english since they werent born here. Like i said it depends.
True. Taught me how to survive life. What to do and what not to do.
False...
False, I did it myself.
Just in general, my mom has taught me how to take care of myself in the real world. im 16 and i pretty much lead my own life at this point to an extreme degree. but i still live with my mom, and she doesnt want me to go away to college. hehe
true! they taught me that food is important and how i should get it by myself :)
False, they taught me how to be a good person, and survival needs brutality and no mercy
  • symantic
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment