Wednesday, February 10, 2010

If all you were taught was made known to you to be false. Would you pretend it is not true?

It has always been hard for me to understand people who are not lovers of truth. Those who like to stick their heads in the sand and pretend that that the truth is not real.





I have always been a seeker and lover for the truth and I have had to adjust my thinking many times once I discovered a truth.





I always told my children that if the truth hurts then make the changes in yourself that will ease the pain.If all you were taught was made known to you to be false. Would you pretend it is not true?
Let's say I am Neo and I just now found out about the Matrix. If I was still in the Matrix I might have to pretend I didn't know in order to survive. If I was out of the Matrix with Morpheus and Trinity I could stop pretending. I can't really go much further than that scenario. If every single thing I was taught was in fact false then I would be dazed and confused.If all you were taught was made known to you to be false. Would you pretend it is not true?
You know when I read the question, the sound in my head was that of the movie guy for trailers of a new movie...





You know...


';IF...alll...you were taught...was made known...to you to be false...


What would you do?';
Whats the need to pretend? You only need to pretend if something is untrue.


My guess is, that you only have to pretend when you don't know
If everything that I was taught was proven to be false I would stop following, but I'd be pretty p*ssed off finding out it was all a lie.
If it was proven false, I would forget about it, and not pretend it is not true.
She looks like the real thing. She tastes like the real thing. My fake plastic love! But I can't help the feeling... I could blow through the ceiling...If I just turn and run.
That sounds just like religion.
haha, you wouldn't have to. phrase your next question better.

No comments:

Post a Comment