Friday, February 12, 2010

Why do anti-Catholics bear false witness by making false claims about what the Catholic Church teaches?

I married a Protestant, son of a Pastor actually. He told me some things about the Catholic Church that I had no idea about. I, a cradle Catholic, stopped going to Catholic Church... Then we had kids and I just felt the need to baptize them in the Catholic Church. We had to meet with the Priest. After talking to him, my husband began deep study of the Church...Guess what? He became a Catholic last Easter. All the things he was told....wrong, misinterpreted or lies.


I really don't think people bear false witness on purpose, I was ignorant (needed more than CCD to learn the catechism) others are just plain lazy and just believe what they are told. Most people are sheep and just go with the flow.





My brother in Christ, thebrean, please educate yourself on Catholic teachings. Peace and God Bless. Our Savior has risen, Alleluia! Happy Easter.Why do anti-Catholics bear false witness by making false claims about what the Catholic Church teaches?
I'm not ';anti-Catholic'; and I do believe that there are Christians in every church - not just contained to the Catholic church. I have Catholic friends and do not attempt to change them nor do I argue religion with them. I let go and let God work with people, by staying out of the way !Why do anti-Catholics bear false witness by making false claims about what the Catholic Church teaches?
Becuse it is in error! we need to expose them. I call it the worlds church.
Ignorance. At least, that was why I used to do it. Once I studied up on Catholicism I quit fighting it. (and joined up as soon as I could!)
Because if they admitted the truth of the Catholic Church, there would be no way to justify the founding, or the continuing existence of their own.
';Anti-Catholics';....is that a new sect?;)...There's no such thing as ';anti-Catholicism';; so, there's no point in your question.
it's simple... they want to let us believe that everything is false and nothing else... they want us to believe that the teachings of the Church are wrong and are against what had Jesus had actually said.





as the Bible says: Every sin and insult will be forgiven but every sin and insult against the Holy Spirit will be unforgiven...





hope that helps you out...





hitsuzen
Because they're uneducated. I'm a practicing Protestant Christian, and I have found that I am able to fellowship with Catholics because I am convinced that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Catholics have some things wrong, and so do Protestants. This is why we need grace.
Simple misunderstanding on their part. To many people willing to listen to someone other than an expert in the field (like asking your mechanic to perform brain surgery).





Archbishop Fulton Sheen once said ';There are not over a 100 people in the U.S. that hate the Catholic Church, there are millions however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church'; and I think that is correct.





Peace be with you.
For most it is a lack of under standing of just who Catholics are. For the others it is just hate.
it's that old argument: ';My God is better than your God';
What exactly is an anti-Catholic?
Well lets see, They teach that the Pope is Christs representive on Earth (FALSE)----They teach that Tradition %26amp; the Teaching Arm of the Church (Magisterium) is on an equil par with Scripture (FALSE),----They teach that, You must confess your sins to a ';priest'; (FALSE), ----I could go on and on with their UNBIBLICAL teachings, but I think you get the point. And by the way, I am NOT anti-Catholic PEOPLE, Just anti-FALSE doctrine. The Roman Catholic Church is an APOSTATE church (though there are some real christians in it) and has been for the last thousand years......theBerean
So bungyow, are you saying that people judge us by our actions?In doing so, they are not judging as God does, by what is in the heart, but rather by appearances (see Jn 8:15, Is 11:3).





God bless,


Stanbo
it is known that the chatholic church does bear false witness - Just look at the passage about not calling anyone elese father as a title and they believe in the holy trinity - jesus is gods son, they are not one person - the bible clearly states that.
If you poison the waters of the competing villages, the people will surely flock to yours.


Typical fundamentalist thinking.
I'm not sure why they would do that, hear are some ideas. I think it may be because they are profiting in some way by useing slander. There may be people who really think the things they are saying are ture. Or maybe they had a bad experience and are seeking revenge. All religions seem to have that problem. People spred slander and make falce claims about my religion also, some of the things they say are compleatly made up, or as I have most often found come from sources which are extreemly bias.
Well, that is a great question. However when judgements are made about anyone it goes against what the bible teaches. They say judge not...lest ye be judged...There are too many stones being thrown by too many sinners today. That is where the true problems lie.


This site is full of judgements of anyone who believes in anything. There are more variances of people and too little tolerance/acceptance. In religion, race, status, politics, foods, sex, marriage...there are alwaysgoing to be conflicting views that judge the others beliefs to be wrong.


Acceptance, tolerance, and love of humanity is truly what should take precedence. When we accept our differences and tolerate the differences, focus on our commonalities, then and only then the love can shine through. Will that happen? That is the question. What do you think?
Because the Catholics by their own actions bring on them selves.

No comments:

Post a Comment