Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Can you name something taught by your teacher in school that was either false information or a blatant lie?

I'll see if I can remember...





The US Patent system fosters innovation is one thing they taught us that wasn't true. It actually stifles it.





The character Hamlet was an indecisive weenie. There are Shakespeare scholars that dispute that convincingly.





Can't think of anything else, although I'm sure some would come to me if I gave it some time.Can you name something taught by your teacher in school that was either false information or a blatant lie?
My sons kindergarten teacher told him that there was no such thing as an otter and that Germany was not part of Europe.Can you name something taught by your teacher in school that was either false information or a blatant lie?
7th grade Health and PE, when we were studying illegal drugs. Nothing but propaganda, but it took most of the curiosity away for me. Peer pressure was another matter though...
Christopher Columbus was a hero.


He treated the Native Americans decently.


I think everyone is taught that lie though!
Pluto. Its not a planet.


My US teacher said the Constitution was his b****, but I disagree, I think its mine.


In second grade my teacher told us that ';wrestling'; was spelled ';wresteling';.


In kindergarten my teacher told me that a turtle was an amphibian.
My 4th grade teacher told my mother I had a learning disorder...she actually used the term ';Slow'; ha ha ha.





I went on to be class valedictorian and was on the honor roll every year for the rest of my school career.





I stopped when I obtained a degree in psychology.





I don't know why she said that, I always had good grades.





It was a lie, I was no where near slow.
Crime doesn't pay?
My English Professor in college told us that it was legal to come to his class high. I didn't personally, but he enjoyed the fact that kids tried it before an 10am class and just sat there all class, starving. He even brought snacks. I think he had some loose screws though.
Yea, my Global teacher two years ago told the class that if we supported President Bush, then we couldn't call ourselves ';true'; Americans.





I was about to smack him, you can't tell your students what to believe.
I went to a Catholic school.


I was told that sex is dirty and depraved.


In reality, it is naturally quite beautiful, have to work at it to make it good and depraved.





No such thing as otters lol

No comments:

Post a Comment