Sunday, February 7, 2010

Why do some professor teach false facts?

My history teacher told my class that microwaves are responsible for breast cancer or cancer.





I thought it was interesting and decided to read about it myself. As I was reading about it I just that it was a fact , but it had not been proven . Also it even might be urban legend. She told us microwaves could cause cancer after teaching how the Nazi's sterilized handicapped people during World War 2.Why do some professor teach false facts?
Sounds like your history professor should be sticking to her own field, not physics. She probably didn't realize she was wrong, but when she ventured into a field she wasn't familiar with, that's what can happen. Fortunately, most profs just stick to what they're supposed to be teaching. I don't know why so many seem to get off topic, but it seems to happen a lot more in the discussion-based classes, like the humanities, than it would in the sciences.Why do some professor teach false facts?
Facts can be proven.





I'm not a scientist and I can't remember where I read this but I do remember something like the food be microwaved gets altered and the body does not treat it like regular food and could cause cancer due to the mutation. But then again, to prove it is another story. I think there is some validity but to what extent? See the following sites. They might help. There is quite a bit of information out there but who knows who's playing in or paying whose pocket.
There are 4 possible answers to this...





1. He might not have known, and still wanted to make himself look smart.


2. He might have meant to say that it was an urban legend, instead of saying it was a fact.


3. He could have been testing you, for a test or something related to one.


4. He might have just confused himself to where he didn't know what he was talking about. It happens to me quite often.
I ran into prof's who purposely preached false information. After everyone failed the 1st test, we all said ';Why?';





The response we got: ';because I wanted you to further research the information that I teach';
Basically every causes cancer.
false facts is an oxymoron.

No comments:

Post a Comment